INDEX and TRAUB have viewed the efficient use of energy and resources as a key requirement in their technological machine development activities. Therefore, all machines conform to the principle of reduced energy consumption with simultaneous improvement in environmental compatibility. Design experience, such as measurements on machines in the field, form the basis for meeting or even surpassing for all technologies the requirements regarding energy/resource efficiency sustainably, including in the future. With INDEX and TRAUB machines that consistently build on the proprietary ECO concept described below, you simply use energy more efficiently and reduce your consumption.
- Electric mains feedback in all drives for energy recovery during braking
- Reduced loss by using synchronous motors with enhanced efficiency
- Energy saving through shortest machining times due to high accelerations and rapid traverse rates
- Lower energy requirement through innovative axis kinematics with weight-reduced machine components
- Energy saving through technology and process integration with intelligent multi-process machining in one machine
- Centrally controlled machine cooling system for reusing dissipated heat
- Reduced consumption through intelligent standby concepts:
automatic shut-down of peripherals
- Simulation technology supports the setup of workpieces away from the machine, thereby conserving energy
BlueCompetence stands for innovation and technology leadership of mechanical and system engineering in the field of sustainable solutions. On the basis of verifiable criteria, the BlueCompetence sustainability initiative characterizes its members and partners as a provider of quality-of-life-enhancing, environmentally-friendly, energy- and resource-efficient solutions and technologies for economy, environment and society. INDEX & TRAUB, as a member of the initiative, assume responsibility for ecological and economic action.